I have just uploaded a bug report (#477852 on Microsoft Connect) regarding a fairly specific scenario using the XmlReceive pipeline. It involves having an envelope and a document schema, in which the document schema contains an element (or attribute) that is promoted both as a distinguished AND as a promoted property. In this case, after processing by the XmlReceive pipeline, the property is only present in the message context as a distinguished property, and NOT as a promoted property. Some other people may have experienced this same issue:
- http://www.biztalkgurus.com/forums/p/12435/24295.aspx (Greg Forsythe nailed it)
I reproduced this behaviour both on a BizTalk Server 2009 deployment and in standalone mode with the ExecuteRecievePipelineStep, found in BizUnit 3.1. See the screenshots below.
For BizUnit ExecuteReceivePipelineStep intimi: I used test T_015, added both a distinguished and a promoted property to the Child1Attribute1 attribute (which is of type string) from schema0.xsd, and pointed it to promoted Property2 (which is of type string); then I ran the test. The screenshots above show that the promoted Property2 property isn’t there.
I have not tested this with the Flat File Disassembler pipeline components.
A workaround for this bug is to define the schema to only use the promoted property, and use the promoted property syntax from within your orchestrations.